Once you update your Smartphone to a latest version of firmware, all the existing bugs in the current firmware build gets fixed, your handset gets repaired and at times is laden with a number of additional features. These newly added features only make your mobile experience extravagant as you go through a thorough search of the enhancements in your device post update. When it comes to the Samsung mobile devices, every alternate day we find some new handset getting updated with new features. The update that I shall discuss here today is the official Android 5.1.1 XXU2COH2 Lollipop Firmware which has just of late been rolled for the BH TELECOM Galaxy S6 Edge in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
If you are a user of the Galaxy S6 Edge Smartphone and is residing in the said region, then make sure that this update is specially for you. Before starting the update, forget not to go through the given step-by-step guide to make your update a sure success and not to brick your device. Because this is an official update, so it will not void the warranty of your device. So nothing to worry for proceeding to the update.
- All important data and files of your BH TELECOM Galaxy S6 Edge should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S6 Edge drivers since those will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu>Settings>Developer options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery of your Smartphone fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 50% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1 XXU2COH2.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen to put your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Galaxy S6 Edge to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted XXU2COH2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge restarts.
And Congratulations! You have now successfully flashed the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS update on your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Smartphone. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.