Hello you, guys! Today, I have a very special news for you. After a long wait, your OnePlus 2 can now update to the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Although the OTA file is already available but if you cannot receive the OTA, simply follow the given steps to learn how to manually update your OnePlus 2 to the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. As this update package can be installed globally when it is compatible with all the OnePlus 2 devices, so it will not affect to the warranty or cause bugs, get bricked for your device.
But before flashing the update, you also need to note something:
- Your smartphone shouldn’t be rooted or tweaked in any other apps and need to run on stock firmware
- Remember to make a complete backup of your important data to avoid unwanted issues
- A computer already installed Android SDK toolkit
- Your computer also needs to install the OnePlus 2 USB driver
- Keep your device battery at least 50% battery left to ensure nothing wrong happens during the update
- Turn on the Developer Option on your handset by tapping 7 times repeatedly on Built Number from Settings > About Phone, then back to enable USB Debugging.
Steps to update OnePlus 2 to official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
- From your computer, visit hereto download the OTA package then place it on desktop.
- Rename the downloaded file into zip.
- Then, turn on your phone and connect it to your computer using the USB cable.
- From there, open a cmd window by pressing and holding the Shift key and right click on any blank space, then select Open Command Prompt
- In the cmd window pop up, enter: “adb reboot recovery”.
- Now, your OnePlus 2 will automatically reboot into the recovery mode.
- In your phone’s recovery, select “Install from USB”.
- Then, on the cmd window, continue to enter: “adb sideload ota.zip”.
- The OxygenOS 3.5.5 update version will be now automatically flashed on your OnePlus 2.
- Once done, unplug the USB cable and reboot your device. That should be all.
Perfect! You have now successfully installed the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update on your OnePlus 2. In case of any issues, feel free to bring me back in the comment below. I shall share solutions for you.