If you are a Samsung Galaxy Star Pro DUOS GT-S7262 Smartphone user, then get set to fix the existing bugs in your device and also feel happy because now its time to multiply your usability. Wonder how! Just of late Samsung rolled a new official update named Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean JVUAOC1 for the Galaxy Star Pro DUOS GT-S7262 users. If you are a user of this device and is eager to swipe to the superior version of firmware, then you can flash this firmware right now to your device. The firmware has been rolled in a numbe rof countries incluiding Nigeria, Afganisthan, Libya, Saudi Arbia, Kenya, Algeria, Egypt, Pakistan, Morocco and Iraq. It’s also supposed to hit the other corners of the globe soon. You can update your device though the OTA. But if it’s not already hit your device, then you can follow the manual update method. What you have to do in all is to follow the below given guide and soon you will manage to update your device with the latest official firmware. But before that have a look on the below given pre-requirements.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Galaxy Star Pro DUOS GT-S7262 and using the procedure in other devices might hard/soft brick your device. Make sure that TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss if your device experiences any during the installation process.
- A nandroid backup must be created for all important data and files of your handset since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Star Pro DUOS drivers since those will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your handset should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 85% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean JVUAOC1.zip file for your Galaxy Star Pro DUOS GT-S7262 device and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Star Pro DUOS into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously.
- Then connect your Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.1.2 Jelly Bean JVUAOC1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Star Pro DUOS GT-S7262 restarts.
Congrats! Finally you wrapped up the installation of the android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean JVUAOC1 firmware in your Galaxy Star Pro DUOS GT-S7262 Smartphone. Move ahead and experience the Jelly Bean fun in your Galaxy Smartphone. In case of any issues, forget not to put your queries via the comment section. I shall for sure come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.