Dear all Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 users. Do you know that the Android 7.0 Nougat update is now available for your tablet. While the device by default runs the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow version, now you can update it to the Android Nougat OS. This new update will add a number of new features on your Tab A 10.1 and drag your device into superiority in terms of features.
Although Samsung rolled out the official update OTA, but we’re sure not all of you have received the new Nougat update. So, if you cannot wait until Samsung pushes the Android Nougat in your region, then you can manually flash it, follow the steps properly as stated below.
Make sure to check your device model correctly before performing the update, as the update is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 Wi-Fi with S-Pen and if you install the update on other Android devices, it might get bricked create bugs. We will not take responsible for any issues during the update process.
- First, make a backup of all important data on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 as the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be necessary for the update.
- Your PC must be pre-installed with the Samsung USB drivers as the drivers helps you connect your Galaxy Tab E SM-T560NU to your PC easier. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings >Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your tablet battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 50% power left before starting the update.
Steps to Update Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for Samsung Galaxy Tab E SM-T560NU
- First, download the Android 7.0 Nougat firmware for your Galaxy Tab A 10.1 and download Odin v3.12.zip. Then extract them on your computer.
- After that, boot your Galaxy Tab A into download mode by powering off your tablet first and then long-pressing the Volume Down + Power + Home button simultaneously. After you see a warning message on your screen, press the Volume Down button to put your device into download mode.
- Next, connect the Galaxy Tab A to the computer and launch Odin.
- If the connection of your handset to your PC is successful, the bottom-left corner of Odin will appear a message.
- Now, choose “AP/PDA” box in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Nougat folder. Make sure to you already unchecked re-partition
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option and click on the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Tab A 10.1 reboots
Also read: How to Update Samsung Galaxy A3 ⑥ SM-A310Y to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Firmware
Congratulations! You are now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 to the Android 7.0 Nougat version. Experience the new Nougat features in your tablet and let’s know in the comment section below.