Hello OnePlus 3T users! Today, we have great news for you. Thanks to an XDA members, who supported the unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 3T, your device can now install the TWRP 3.0.2 custom recovery. Follow this post to know how to install TWRP Recovery for OnePlus 3T.
Before performing the process, here are some notes you need to remember:
- First, your OnePlus 3T needs to be unlocked the bootloader
- Follow the steps by steps to avoid bricking your device. We at Techgipsy don’t take responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data including data of built-in storage, so you should make a complete backup of your phone first and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 70% charged to prevent the shutting down issue during the process.
- ADB and fastboot driver installed on your PC/ Mac in order to install your device driver
- Required files to install Custom Recovery on Oneplus 3T
- TWRP 18.104.22.168 Recovery for Oneplus 3T.
Also read: How to root the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7
How to install TWRP on OnePlus 3T
- First turn on USB debugging option from Setting >Developer option. To enable Developer Options, go to About phone and tap 7 times on the Build Number
- Now go to ADB folder and launch the command window by pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key and right-clicked at any space in that folder.
- Connect your phone to PC and reboot the device into fastboot mode by typing
adb reboot bootloader
- You are in Fastboot mode now. To check your connection, enter command below in command prompt. When it displays your device serial number, that means your device properly connected. Check your driver if the above command is not responding.
- Type the below command in command prompt and then press enter. It will install TWRP recovery on Oneplus 3T
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- If you want to boot into the custom recovery mode, type command: fastboot boot recovery.img. If not, just remove the cable connection and press the Power button to boot up your OnePlus 3T. Now, your device has been successfully installed the TWRP recovery.