HTC First is the high-end Smartphone that was launched in April 2013 by HTC. The Smartphone is undoubtedly high-end in nature since its laden with a number of distinct features that will make you feel wow! But what’s the benefit if you have not yet rooted your HTC First device? Because rooting your device only makes you able to augment the multiplicity of your device. Post rooting, not only you will be able to unlock your device, but can also install a custom recovery image in your device, can update it with a custom ROM, like CM11, AOKP or Paranoid Android, can remove bloatware, overclock your device. Also you can install a custom kernel, can download apps that badly requires rooting, and can add many other new features to your device.
But question arises, how to root the HTC First Smartphone? Don’t worry.I have an easy solution for you in form of a step-by-step guide. But before that I must make you clear that the process isn’t official, I mean third party developers have developed it. So you will void the warranty of your Smartphpone device after following these steps. So you are strongly recommended to create a strong back up for your device before starting the rooting procedure. Apart, you are also advised to use this method in the HTC First Smartphone only. Using this method in other devices might soft or hard brick your device. Make sure that TechGipsy won’t remain responsible for any brick or damage of your device. So rooting your Smartphone is fully your responsibility.
- One HTC First Smartphone
- One PC with latest HTC First drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC.
- Original USB cable
- Backup of all your device data such as MMS, SMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files expected to get lost during the rooting process.
- At least 60% power back up to avoid unexpected device shut down.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Remember to untick the Debugging box when you are done with the rooting procedure.
- Uninstall the antivirus app in smartphone & Disable the antivirus program in your PC.
- Root Package for HTC First (http://goo.gl/OCTjWj)
Steps to Root HTC First
- First of all download the root package from the above given link and place it on the desktop of your PC.
- Then connect your HTC First to your PC via USB.
- Now launch the WinDroid Toolkit from your PC and click on Gain Root option to start the rooting procedure. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen and your device will get rooted within a few minutes.
- Post rooting, your HTC First will reboot and launch with the access to its root directory. Now unplug the USB from your device.
That’s it!! Now your task is over. You can also update the TWRP Recovery on your HTC First device using the Flash recovery option in the same app and following the equal procedure. In case of any issues or difficulties feel free to get back to via the comment section. I shall definitely revert with a solution. For further Tech News, Updates and Rooting tips, keep visiting TechGipsy.