To compete with other top manufacturers like Apple and Samsung, Huawei continues to make their users surprised with smartphones offering the exclusive features. One of the latest releases in late 2017 was the Huawei Mate 10 Lite. Currently, the smartphone is already popular among the Huawei community. However, if you are still exploring it further, then here are some interesting tips and tricks for Huawei Mate 10 Lite.
Huawei Mate 10 Lite Tips & Tricks
If you have more one account of the popular apps such as Facebook or WhatsApp, you can take advantage of this feature. All you need to do:
- Head to Settings > App Twin and you will see 4 apps that allows you to add two accounts: Facebook, Snapchat, WhatsApp, and Messenger. Toggle it ON for the app you want to use two accounts.
Once done, you will see two app icons on your screen.
Flip To Silent Your Phone
It’s an interesting Huawei Mate 10 Lite tip you should use when you are lazy or sleepy. Here is how to activate it:
- Go to Settings > Motion Control > Flip to Mute. Tap on it and there will be two features: Mute Incoming Calls & Mute Timers and Alarms. Toggle them ON to make use of it.
From now, when you receive a phone call, just flip or turn over your phone the call will be silent. It’s the same with the alarm or timer sounds.
It’s a useful feature for those who want to keep their documents or files on their phone secret. Besides the documents, it also allows you to hide pictures, videos or music. Before getting started, you need to have your security set up such as fingerprint or password option.
- Head to File Manager
- Look for Safe icon and tap it
- You will be prompted to unlock it with your fingerprint
Once your fingerprint is scanned, you will be taken to a screen displaying all your files, images, and videos. You can now lock them in the File Safe and only you can access them with your fingerprint.
Huawei offers a number of security options to protect the device and the App Locke is one of them. Along with safeguarding your files, pictures, videos, it also lets you lock the apps. It’s a built-in the option for, so you won’t have to download any third-party app to get this feature. Just follow the below steps to enable it:
- Head to Phone Manager > App Lock
- Unlock the app by using your fingerprint
- There will be a list of all the apps on your phone
- To activate the App Locker for a specific app, toggle it ON
Once the App Locker is enabled, you have to scan your fingerprint to access it. Notification Panel
There is also an option for you to play around with your notification panel. The Mate 10 Lite lets you change the way for displaying the notifications.
- Navigate to Settings > Notifications > Status Bar > Notification Method – tap on it to receive a pop-up. There are three different options mentioned: icons, numbers, and none. They refer to the way of your notifications displaying from different apps on the notification panel.
Save Battery Life
Although the Huawei Mate 10 Lite is equipped a huge battery capacity, this tip will help you save a lot of battery in the urgent situations without having a charger nearby. Here is what you have to do:
- Go to Settings > Battery and activate Ultra Battery Saving Mode.
After activating this mode, there is an option to keep six apps working. You can select them depending on your requirement.
Also read: A Brief Overview Of Huawei Mate 10 Pro
Touch Disable Mode
This feature prevents any accidental touches from opening your phone. This usually happens when putting your phone in the handbag or pocket. Here is what you need to do to stop the accidental brushes:
Head to Settings > Smart Assistance > Touch-Disable Mode and enable this feature.
There is another interesting feature that you can also activate the Touch-Disable Mode, which is the Gloves Mode. After toggling this feature on, you can operate your Huawei Mate 10 Lite while wearing your gloves. The cold weather won’t make you difficult in using mobiles.
Another Huawei Mate 10 Lite feature comes from the Video Pop-Up. The smartphone has oodles of fun for you. This feature allows you to watch a video while you are working with other apps.
- Go to the Video Player and play any your favorite video.
- When the video is playing, there will be a button appearing on the upper right-hand side of your phone. Simply tap on it.
- The video will then play in its window and return to your Home Screen. You will see it looks like a pop-up.
- You can now open other apps if you want while watching the video.
There are still several operations that you can perform when your phone is locked. Swipe up from the bottom to display and you will see some of these shortcuts, including voice recorder, bar-code reader, flashlight, timer etc. Although they are fixed and cannot be changed, you can still change your wallpaper of the lock screen.
- All you need to do is swiping to change the wallpaper. Press a button on the left of your screen and whenever you lock or open the screen, there will be anew wallpaper. If you press the pause button, the wallpaper will then stop on the current one.
Try out these mentioned tips and tricks to make your Huawei Mate 10 Lite better.