If you are an Android user, from Android 5.0 Lollipop version, Google began offering the function to restore apps to a new Android device via Google account. And on the Android Marshmallow version, the feature was expanded to include app data and system settings, with all the information stored in the cloud. Here is how to restore your apps and settings when moving to a new Android phone.
How to enable the Android backup service
First, you need to ensure making the backup service on your current Android phone.
- Launch Settingsfrom app menu or drop-down notification bar
- Go to Backup & reset.
- Choose Back up my data.
- Turn Back up my dataOn.
- Go back to Backup & reset.
- Check your Backup account.
- Toggle Automatic Restore on to start restoring settings and data.
Now you’ve enabled successfully the Android backup service, your system settings and app data will be automatically saved to Drive. When you switch to a new Android phone, just use your account to restore your settings, apps, and associated data.
How to restore apps and services on a new Android phone
If you’re using a handset running Lollipop or higher version, restoring apps is straightforward. When your device boots up for the first time, or factory reset, this setting will be available to your phone.
- Tap on the button at the welcome screen to start setting up your new handset.
- Select your
- Log in to your Wi-Fi network.
- Choose Accept and Continue.
- Log in to your Google account
- Tap on Accept to sign in to your Google account.
- In the Google services page, select enabling the backup service for your account.
- Tap on Next.
How to: Tips to Unlock Bootloader in all Huawei devices
In case you want to add another email account, just tap the Add another email section. Otherwise, select Not Now and choose Next.
- A list of all your previous devices will appear, and when you’ve last used them.
- Choose a device to see all the data available for the restore.
- Hit Restore to restore all apps and settings.
- If you don’t want everything restored, just tap the arrow next to Restore All.
- Choose the apps you want to restore.
- Tap on Restore to retrieve apps and settings from the cloud.
That’s all you have to do to restore apps and services on a new Android phone. If you feel it useful, please leave your comment below.