Dear readers, today we shall guide you through the steps for you to root your OnePlus 3 smartphone. As you know, OnePlus released the Nougat Beta 8 update for all OnePlus 3 users. If you already updated to the Android 7.0 beta, TWRP recovery can’t be used on your handset anymore. It seems that the old TWRP version is not able to work in the new Android version. So, if you still want to use a custom recovery image on your OnePlus 3, we are here to share a perfect solution for you: flash the modified built of TWRP recovery.
Thanks to xda-developers, with the new modified TWRP recovery, you can safely use a custom recovery on your OnePlus 3 after updating to the Nougat Beta 8 version. Once the custom recovery image is installed, you can tweak procedures, which are best for your OnePlus 3. After completing this guide you will be able to improve the performance of your handset.
Before performing the process, here are some notes you have to remember:
- You need to follow the upcoming steps by steps to avoid bricking your device. We at Techgipsy don’t take responsible for any damage to your phone.
- It will erase all your data including data of built-in storage, so you should make a full backup of your phone first and then proceed.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 70% charged to prevent the shutting down issue during the process.
- ADB and fastboot driver installed on your PC/ Mac in order to install your device driver
Also see: How to install Android 7.1 Nougat Custom CM14.1 Rom for OnePlus 3
How to install Modified TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3
- On your computer, access thispage and download the modified TWRP recovery package.
- Save this file and then move it to the Android SDK folder.
- Now, connect your OnePlus 3 with your computer using an USB cable
- Now, access the Android SDK folder and from there open a cmd window: press and hold the Shift key while and right clicking on any blank space on the screen.
- In the cmd window, type: “adb reboot bootloader”. Your OnePlus 3 will automatically boot into bootloader mode.
- Next, type : “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” and press Enter.
- When the process is done, reboot your smartphone.
That should be all. You can now use the modified TWRP recovery on your OnePlus 3 running on official Android 7.0 Nougat Beta 8 version. Enjoy it!