The latest Android KitKat XXU1ANE2 update for the international variant of Samsung Galaxy S5 has been recently released. The update brings about significant changes to the fingerprint sensor and camera and gallery app like features of the smart phone. Owners of this smart phone can update their handset via OTA or KIES. Those who have not received the notification for this update need not worry since we bring you a guide on how to manually update Android KitKat 4.4.2 XXU1ANE2 on your Galaxy S5.
This is an update for the Galaxy S5 model SM-G900F only and should not be tried on other variants. Else your device might undergo certain bugs and complications. So double check the name and model of TechGipsy will no way be responsible for any undesired changes or damage that may occur during the update. Users must do this at their own risk. However, it is very unlikely that any damage will occur during the process.
- Galaxy S5 model SM-G900F
- A PC preloaded with Galaxy S5 SM-G900F drivers.
- A USB cable to connect your phone to your PC.
- Back up all important files and data in your Galaxy device that you don’t want to lose since the update will erase all data from your Smartphone.
- Enable the USB debugging option. You will find the option in the developer section of your device.
- Make sure your Galaxy device is fully charged or carries at least 80% charge.
Procedure to Update
- First of all download the two files Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANE2 KitKat and Odin v3.09 from the given links.
- After unzip the Android firmware file and keep it on your desktop.
- Then launch Odin on your PC.
- Now Switch off your galaxy device and boot it in the download mode by holding down Volume down, home and power buttons simultaneously.
- Connect the Galaxy device to the computer through USB cable.
- Odin will display a message saying ‘Added’ if the connection is successful. If Odin does not detect your device, try through another port or re-install the USB drivers.
- After your device is detected by Odin, select AP/ADB in Odin and locate the tar.md5 file from the extracted XXU1ANE2 folder.
- Uncheck the Re-partition box and Click on Start for the flashing process to commence.
- After the Update process is fully completed, the ID: COM on Odin will turn green and Odin will display a PASS message.
- The Galaxy device will then restart and you can disconnect it from the computer.
And there you are done with updating of your Samsung Galaxy S5 to the Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANE2 KitKat. In case of any issues, feel free to get back to me via comment section and I shall find out a solution for you. For more news, updates and rooting tips, keep visiting TechGipsy.