If you are an European Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F Smartphone user, then you have reasons to rejoice. A new ROM namely the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Samperia 1.0R has been launched for the European Galaxy S5 Smartphone. The Marshmallow Samperia 1.0R ROM is based on the CyanogenMo and if you want to enjoy the Marshmallow features on your Smartphone before an official update is rolled, then you can use this ROM on your device. To start flashing this firmware on your European Samsung Galaxy S5, follow the below given steps.
Before initiating the update, you must know that it’s not an official Custom ROM and hence will void the warranty of your device and you can’t retrieve it back. Similarly you have to root your European Samsung Galaxy S5 and install the latest Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) on it. The new Custom ROM will add a number of new features on your Smartphone and will make your device enhanced. But at the same time you might face issues in your Smartphone for which you shouldn’t blame us.
Remember, this update is exclusively meant for the European Samsung Galaxy S5. If you use this Custom ROM file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bugged or bricked. Also enable the USB Debugging option in your European Galaxy S5 handset before starting the update. Install the Samsung Galaxy S5 drivers on your PC which will help you to connect your Smartphone successfully to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown of your handset during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
NB: Most important is to create a full back of your European Samsung Galaxy S5 so that you will not permanently miss the pictures, videos, songs and all other important data on your device. It’s mandatory since due to installation, you might loose all data in your device.
Steps to flash Samperia ROM on European Samsung Galaxy S5
- First of all download the Marshmallow Samperia 1.0R ROM file and Gapps for your European Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Then connect your European Galaxy S5 to your PC via USB and move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then click on “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II. Install these files one after another.
- Now click Install and wait still the firmwares are flashed on your European Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congratulations! You have successfully installed the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Samperia ROM on your European Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone. Updating your handset following the procedure is quite easy and hence mustn’t create any issues for you. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.