After T-Mobile, Samsung now starts rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat to the AT&T Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930A. This Nougat update for AT&T Galaxy S7 includes requisite improvements like a native multi-window mode, and upgrades to notifications, Samsung has also reduced some of garish colors, opting for white and blue colors, and the phone will now default to 1080p to save battery better.
For now, to check if your device is eligible for OTA update, unlock your device and go to Settings> About device > Software update > Check for Update.
This will need a stable internet connection to connect to Samsung server. If yes, you will receive a notification about the latest firmware available, download and install the update.
In case you don’t see the update on your AT&T Galaxy S7 SM-G930A, you can try to update your handset to Android Nougat using Samsung Kies.
How to Update AT&T Galaxy S7 SM-G930A to Android 7.0 Nougat
Before starting the process, you should make note something:
- A computer is required to update your AT&T S7
- Make a full back up off your data as updating might vanish all off them.
- An USB cable for the connection
Also see: How to Update Samsung Galaxy S7 to Android 7.0 Nougat in United Kingdom
Once done, here is how to update:
- First, download the Samsung Kies app from Samsung website and then install it on your computer.
- Once the installation is complete, click on the Kies icon to launch the app
- Now, plug your device with your computer using the USSB cable
- Your device will be automatically detected by Kies app and you can do multiple actions apart from the firmware update. Interestingly, the Kies also allows you to create a backup of your device, just by click on “ Backup and Restore” button, then follow instructions on the screen.
- You can now update your handset to the latest Android 7.0 Nougat firmware.
- Click on the Firmware Upgrade button to check the firmware available for your device.
- If yes, proceed further and follow onscreen instructions to start the Update process.
- Once the process is completed, your AT&T S7 will automatically reboot.
That’s all you have to do! Now your AT&T Galaxy S7 has successfully updated to Android 7.0 Nougat. Feel free to let us know in case you faced any issues or difficulties in the update process. We shall try to help you out.