In my previous article, I informed you that the Official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J200FXXU1APE1 Firmware rolled for Samsung Galaxy J2 & there only I let you know the update steps. Now I shall guide you through the steps to update your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SM-G318H to the new Android 4.4.4 KitKat G318HXCS0APF1 official Firmware.
This new official firmware from the Samsung box has been launched in Hungary and Macedonia for the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite. So the users residing in the said regions should get ready to manipulate superiority to their Smartphone. In this article, I shall guide you through the steps to flash the new KitKat OS on your T-Mobile Galaxy Trend 2 Lite. The new firmware is dubbed as G318HXCS0APF1 and carries the product codes TMH & MBM respectively.
Being this an OTA update, the users are primarily recommended to update their T-Mobile Galaxy Trend 2 Lite via OTA method. But if you can’t wait for the OTA, then you can update your device manually following this post. But before that ensure to meet the below mentioned pre-requirements because these are of utmost priority for the manual update. Proceeding to the update without meeting the pre-requirements might create bugs in your device or might brick it permanently.
Double check the Name and model of your Android device before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device permanently. Remember, TechGipsy will not stand responsible for any sort of damage, brick or bug that your device might experience during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite should be provided a good backup before the update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite drivers as those will connect your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite to your PC easily. If not already installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your Samsung Galaxy Smartphone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Hungary and Macedonia) the Android 4.4.4 KitKat G318HXCS0APF1.zip file for your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Trend Lite and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Trend Lite into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up button after a warning message appear on your screen.
- Then connect the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Trend Lite to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Lollipop N9005XXUGBOI6 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Trend Lite restarts.
Congratulations!! You are all done. Now it’s time to explore the new features and bug fixes. Forget not to share the changes you mark in your device post update. In case you face any issues in the update process, inform me in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. Happy browsing!!