Today I have a good news for all the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom (SM-C111M) Smartphone users. Samsung has lately released a new official firmware called Android 4.4.2 KitKat UBU1ANG1 for the users of Samsung Galaxy K Zoom. That means the K Zoom users now can update their devices with this newly released custom firmware. Since this update has gone on live in Guatemala, users living there can update their Smartphones using the OTA update method. But users living in other corners of the world are required to follow the manual update method that I have mentioned below in a step-by-step format. But for that you guys need to first meet certain requirements which are mandatory for the update process. This update also is applicable for all users living in Guatemala, if they are desperate to update their devices with the latest firmware and can’t wait still the firmware notification hits their device.
Don’t forget to properly check the name and model number of your Smartphone device since this tutorial is only prepared for the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom (SM-C111M) Smartphone. So don’t use this procedure in any other device. Else your device might suffer from bugs, issues or even might get bricked permanently. Be sure that TechGipsy will take no responsibility of any such issues. So proceed only if you understand that everything is solely your responsibility.
- One Galaxy K Zoom (SM-C111M) Smartphone.
- A computer to download required files.
- Original USB cable
- Save your messages in a safe place before updating your device. Creating a complete back up for your device is recommended.
- Install Galaxy K Zoom (SM-C111M) USB drivers on your PC before connecting it to your PC. The drivers help your Smartphone to get connected with your PC properely.
- Your Galaxy K Zoom battery level must be above 85%.
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and save on your desktop.
- Then Put your Galaxy K Zoom (SM-C111M) into download mode using these steps. (Turn off your Galaxy K Zoom and press its volume down+power button+home button simultaneously. Press the power button again when the warning message appears on your display to put it into download mode.)
- Launch the downloaded Odin on your PC and connect the Galaxy K Zoom (SM-C111M) with your PC using the USB cable. Odin will showcase a message in its bottom left corner after the connection is successful.
- Now in the Odin home click on “ADB/AP” and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted UBU1ANG1 folder.
- Then, press the “Start” button in Odin after selecting “Auto-reboot” option. Make sure that the re-partition box is unchecked.
- Wait until your Galaxy K Zoom reboots. The flashing process generally takes 4-5 minutes. So have patience still the device restarts. Unplug the USB while the device restarts.
And there you go with the update of the Android 4.4.2 KitKat UBU1ANG1 Firmware in your Samsung Galaxy K Zoom device. Congrats!! Now it’s time to enjoy the KiKat goodies and interface. But in case you face any issues or difficulties, don’t forget to get back me via the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you.