Now here but I bring a great news for all the Xiaomi Mi 3 & Mi 4 Smartphone users who are running the MIUI 5 or MIUI 6 Developer version ROMs on their device. As per latest reports, these users can flash the brand new Official MIUI 6 Stable Version on their Xiaomi Mi 3 & Mi 4 handsets now. Being this an official firmware, it will fix the ongoing bugs in your Smartphone and will simmultaneousely laden your handset with an array of improvised features.
But to ask what are the new features, the list is long. The brand new official MIUI 6 Stable version of ROM will add a nuumbebr of new features such as Display style of contacts cards, new file explorer, Support AirPlay wireless speaker, Added Sunrise and sunset time and many other fetaures in your Xiaomi Smartphone device. But now question arises, how to update? Veruyu simple.I shall guide you through the steps to flsh the ROM to your device. But before make sure to fill the list of recquirements stated below.
NB: Before starting the update, we would like to inform you that this Official ROM is perticularly meant for China. But if you reside any other corner of the world and yet want to update your device, then you can do so, but your device will be added with some Chinese elements post update. So think twice before updating. The global version of this official ROM will be launched soon.
Remember, this guide is specially meant for the Xiaomi Mi 3 & Mi 4 Smartphones and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your device. Remember, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Xiaomi Mi 3 or Mi 4 Smartphone should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Xiaomi Mi 3 or Mi 4 drivers (as per your requirement) since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Flash the Official MIUI 6 Stable ROM on Xiaomi Mi 3 & Mi 4
- First of all download the stable ROM for your Xiaomi Mi 3 (http://goo.gl/yBlQlU) & Mi 4 (http://goo.gl/Q4iMQB) Smartphones.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB & then move the downloaded file to the SD card of your device.
- Next click on the Update app option on your Smartphone and select Update Package from the Menu Buttons.
- Now select the file that you downloaded in Step 1 and click on Update Now.
- Wait still the update finishes.Once finished, click Reboot System Now to enter into the new system.
Congrats! Now you Smartphone has beenn successfully update to the MIUI 6 Stable Version ROM. In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section.