Xiaomi Redmi 3S users can now update your device to Android 7.1.1 Nougat with LineageOS custom ROM which is modified version of CyanogenMod. When you install the ROM, it will add customized features and tweaks that help device run smoother. This ROM brings several other features, so get ready to know how to have it installed now.
This Custom ROM needs your device to be rooted device, hence get the root access on your Redmi 3S. Also, it requires unlocking bootloader and a custom recovery on device. Be sure that we are just providing the update procedure but the entire risk is on your own to update your handset with the latest ROM. Rooting the device is quite risky because it causes the warranty loss but allows removing the bloatware and gains the root access. If you want to get back the warranty then you need to update the device with stock firmware.
- Charge up the device battery up to 60 percent to keep out of unexpected issues during the update.
- Backup all the data of your device. This is necessary because most of the time the data will be vanished after update
- Personal computer and a USB cable available for the connectivity
- Pre-install Xiaomi USB driver for the device Redmi 3S on your PC as this is necessary to recognize the device by the computer
Steps to update Xiaomi Redmi 3S with Android 7.1.1 LineageOS Nougat Custom Rom
- First, check the details of the device in About Phone section in Settings because if you use this ROM on other phone, it will give unwanted result.
- Next, download the Android 7.1.1 LineageOS Nougat Custom Rom and the Google apps on your computer.
- Do not unzip it, and connect your device to computer with a USB cable.
- Now, transfer both files into internal memory SD and make sure that they’re not in any sub folder because it won’t get detect.
- Well, unplug the cable and switch off the phone.
- Put the device in the custom recovery by pressing and holding the Volume Down+ Power buttons for 10 seconds
- Once you’re in the recovery menu, now select wipe data/factory reset to wipe data completely. Use the power button to confirm everything.
- Choose Wipe cache partition to wipe out the cache. You also need to perform the dalvik cache which is in advanced option.
- Back to the recovery screen, and select install zip from sd card.
- Now choose the file Rom from SD card and confirm it, then do the same for Gapps too.
- After complete installation, go back, and then select reboot system now.
Also see: How to flash Android 7.1.1 Lineage Rom on Xiaomi Readmi Note 3 (Snapdragon)
Congratulations, you have just done updating your Xiaomi Redmi 3S to Android 7.1.1 with LineageOS Nougat Custom Rom. If your device gets stuck in boot animation then get back to recovery mode and clean the cache. For more update stay connected to Techgipsy. Ping us back in the comment below for any doubt or share you happiness if your device get update with LineageOS Nougat Custom Rom.