My previous article was about the Twinpad 2-in-1 Hybrid Tablet launched by Lava and I think it would have been of some use to you if you had been searching for a similar tablet in the given price range. And this article of mine will guide you through a step-by-step guide to Update Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T805M to the newest Android 5.0.2 UBU1BPB1 Lollipop firmware via the Odin method. The task is quite easy and will both fix the existing bugs in your Smartphone and will bless you with brand new features that will multiply your Android experience. But to perform the task you need to solely read and understand the guide that I have brought here today for you. Just follow this article with the given steps and in a few moments you will be able to successfully update your Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T805M to the newest official Android 5.0.2 UBU1BPB1 Firmware.
This article is for all those proud owners of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T805M who want to further upgrade their device to the newest firmware version. We have a couple of options left for you. This update has gone on floor in Brazil, Peru and a number of other regions. So users receiving the OTA update notification, can update their Galaxy Tab by downloading and installing the firmware on their handsets. But if you have already missed the update and have not updated your device yet, then the manual update method is just for you. But before that you need to fill certain conditions, otherwise called per-requirements for the update. Take a keen look on the requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T805M before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the said device and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device. However, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T805M should be provided a good backup before this update since it might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Tab S drivers since that will help you connect your device to your PC properly. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Brazil, Peru) the Android 5.0.2 UBU1BPB1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T805M and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T805M into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy Tab S into download mode.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T805M to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin & choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted firmware folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T805M restarts.
And Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating of your Samsung Galaxy Tab S SM-T805M. Go ahead and mark the new Lollipop developments fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, inform me in the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.