You must have known that Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7109), the proud successor of one of the most revered Galaxy generation Smartphones i.e. Galaxy Grand created sensation in the market with its superb high-end features and even is counted as one among the best selling Smartphones in market today. In the mid term, Samsung had also launched another feature-eccentric Smartphone i.e. the Samsung Galaxy Grand Quattro into the market which was also quite successful as a high-end android device. However, post launch the Galaxy Grand 2 had not undergone any major firmware update and now it’s time for all Grand 2 users to rejoice. Why? Because Samsung has recently rolled a new firmware with the code name KEUBNG1 [PDA: G7109KEUBNG1] in China for the Galaxy Grand 2 handset and it’s being sent to Grand 2 devices in installments. Since this an OTA update, users in China will get the update notifications in their Smartphones over the air. But users around the other corners of the globe can update their Smartphones via the manual update method. And to start with the manual update process, you need to fill certain requirements that are mandatory for a safe firmware up-gradation. Just have a look below to know about the requirements.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7109) and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your device. Remember, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7109) should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Galaxy Grand 2 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.3 KEUBNG1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7109) Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7109) into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7109) device into download mode.
- Now connect the Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7109) to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.3 extracted KEUBNG1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7109) restarts.
And Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating of your Galaxy Grand 2 (SM-G7109) Smartphone device with the latest android 4.3 KEUBNG1 firmware. Go ahead and experience the latest Jelly bean fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. Also forget not to mention your new jelly bean experience via massage. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.