If you are a Motorola Moto E Dual XT1022 user and wanna update your Smartphone with the newest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Operating System, then here is the way that we have for you. The Senior XDA Member has recently introduced a new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM i.e. Temasek v2.7 which is based on CM-13 nightlies builds and is stable in nature. Being a stable ROM, it will bring you the best Marshmallow experience ever. Post update, your Smartphone will be loaded with the newest Marshmallow features which you might ever dreamt of. Then what to wait for! Let’s have a look on the steps.
Following the steps given below, you can easily wrap up the update process. In my previous article, I had guided you through the Steps install Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 ROM on Samsung Nexus 10 and now here I shall guide to you through the steps to install the popular Temasek ROM on your Motorola Moto E Dual. Features of the new Custom ROM are many that include Marshmallow 6.0.1_r3, Floating Windows!!!, Statusbar Customizations, Clock Alignment, Battery Settings, Charging animations, Dotted circle battery settings, Battery colours, Battery bar, Statusbar greeting Network, Traffic Statusbar, Brightness control, Breathing Notifications, Quick Pull down, Smart Pull down and many more.
But before starting the ROM update, you are suggested to go through each and every line of the update carefully as you will lose the warranty of your Smartphone post update and at the same time you Smartphone might brick, get bugged or need repairing, for which we at TechGipsy will never stand responsible. So decide to proceed with the update only if you understand the ethics behind this and is ready to take the risk.
Among the important pre-requisites, you need to create a complete backup for your Motorola Moto E Dual as your Smartphone is supposed to lose all data during the update. Forget not to enable the USB Debugging option in your Motorola Moto E Dual before update. To do so, visit Settings>About US section in your Motorola Moto E Dual handset. Apart, install the Motorola Moto E Dual drivers on your PC that will connect your device successfully to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up on your Smartphone to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Temasek ROM and Gapps files for your Motorola Moto E Dual.
- Then connect your Motorola Moto E Dual to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from the recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD card in step II.
- Now click Install and wait still the file is flashed to your handset. Follow the same procedure to install the Gapps file to your handset.
- Once the installation is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
- The rebooting takes few minutes before it will collect and wrap all files.
That’s all! Now you have successfully updated your Motorola Moto E Dual to the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. Forget not to share with us the new experience with your new Operating System. If faced any issues, forget not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.