The LG Nexus 5 Smartphone with the model No. D821 can now be updated to the powerful and new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Bliss v6.4 ROM. This Custom ROM is a free, community build ROM which aims at enhancing the features and functionalities of your handset. The Custom ROM is based on CyanogenMod 13 build and supports a number of Customization features that include CM13 Theme Engine, improvised Status Bar, Navigation and button options, Memory Bar, Omni Switch option, Toast and Listview animations, Status Bar Header, Tile & Flashlight, Power Menu and a number of other features that will multiply your Smartphone user experience.
Since this is an unofficial Custom ROM, so there are chances that your device getting bricked or facing issues during the update. If anything such happens, then we shall not be blamed as the update is your responsibility. Now question arises, How to install this new Custom ROM on your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone? It’s a very simple process and you can materialize the task just by following the below given steps. But before that definitely meet the pre-requirements. So only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
- Most importantly root your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone and install the latest Custom ROM Recovery image on your handset.
- First of all make sure that you use this update only for the LG Nexus 5 Smartphone & not for any other device. Else your device might get corrupted or bricked.
- Make sure that your LG Nexus 5 is running the latest stock Android OS and doesn’t run any other Custom ROM. Else the update will not be successful.
- Make sure to pre-install the latest Android SDK packages and sub-drivers on your PC as the drivers will help you connect your Android device to your PC easily. If your Smartphone is not detected by your PC even then, you have to download & install the USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging option on your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone.
- Disable any antivirus program that you run both on your Smartphone & PC. You can reactivate the antivirus programs once the update is finished.
- Above all keep at least 60% battery power back up on your PC so that your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone will not shut down while the update is on process. Else, there are chances that your device will brick.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Bliss v6.4 ROM and Gapps file for your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone.
- Then connect your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone to your PC via USB & then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Android device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD card in step II .
- Now start the Installation and wait still it is flashed on your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone handset. Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
Congratulations. Finally you have wrapped up things. The installation process should wrap up now. Following the steps you will easily flash the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Bliss v6.4 ROM on your LG Nexus 5 Smartphone. In case any issues are confronted during update, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.