If you are a 2013 Nexus 7 LTE Android device user and is desperately waiting for the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS, then this article is specially for you. In this article, I will inform you the steps using which you can flash the recently released Android 6.0 MRA58K Marshmallow Factory Image file on your 2013 Nexus 7 LTE Tab. Though the Android 6.0 Marshmallow update is not being rolled Over The Air for the 2013 Nexus 7 LTE device, but this Factory Image will be enough to help you enjoy the latest Android 6.0 Marshmallow features on your device.
But what you have to do for that? Very simple. You have just to follow the below given step-by-step guide which will show you the way to flash this new firmware on your Nexus tab 7 LTE. Before starting the update, you must check that your Android Tab is running on the stock Android OS. Else the update will not be successful.
Because the update is developed by third party Devs, so your Nexus 7 LTE tab might brick or get bugged following the steps to flash this latest Marshmallow firmware on your device. So you must be ready to take responsibility of this update yourself as TechGipsy will not be responsible for any such inconvenience. Now let’s go through the pre-requirements for this update which are essential to be met before initiating the factory image update process.
- First of all check the model number of your device as this update is specifically meant for the Google Nexus 7 LTE models.
- All important data and files of your Google Nexus 7 LTE should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the latest Android SDK packages and sub-drivers as the drivers will help you connect your Android device to your PC. If not connected then even, then you can download and install the Google USB Drivers on your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Disable or uninstall all antivirus program running on both your PC and Nexus 7 LTE device before starting the update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0 MRA58K Marshmallow Factory image file from here and extract it to the desktop of your pc. Then move the extracted folder to the platform-tools folder in the SD card of your Nexus device.
- Now switch off your device and put it into bootloader mode by press and holding the Volume Down+Power button simultaneously.
- Then connect your Google Nexus 7 Tablet to your PC via USB and open a CMD window in you computer. To do that go to the platform-tools folder where you had placed the extracted factory image file, open it, press and hold the shift key and right click at an open space inside the folder. Select the open command Prompt Window here option.
- Enter the command “adb devices” in the command space to check if the device has been properly connected to your PC. If no device is found connected, then you have not installed the Google drivers. Install those on your PC first.
- Once you confirm the proper association of your Nexus device to your PC, launch the ‘flash-all.bat‘ script and confirm installation process.
That’s all! The Factory Image update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Once finished, press any key to reboot your Nexus Tab into normal mode. Now disconnect USB from your device. You shouldn’t face any issues in flashing the factory image on your Google Nexus 7 LTE Tablet following the given procedure. If faced, forget not to mention your concern in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solutions for you.