Do you have already updated your Smartphone with the Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V Android handset to the latest Android 4.4.4 kitkat firmware? Then you must be wondering how to root your handset on the same firmware. Right? Also it’s obvious because any advanced Android user will definitely want to root his device to get full access to the root directory of his handset so that the Android experience will be far more user-friendly. Anyways, in this article, I shall guide you through the steps to root your handset on your new KitKat firmware. To start updating, follow this article in TechGipsy.
The rooting method in this article will be Odin and Towelroot and this process is generally adopted by advanced Android users. If you are a newbie, then also you can root your device by the following method. But make sure that you have read and understood the procedure properly. Another important thing is that gaining root access to your Android device is not an official operation. By rooting your Verizon Galaxy S5, you will be able to remove the factory restrictions from your device so that you can materialize other complex and unofficial processes like customizing, personalizing and optimizing your handset.
By rooting your Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V, you will void the warranty which can’t be avoided at any cost. So post rooting, if you take your device for service or any technical assistance, then you have to pay for that. But after rooting your device, you can update your Galaxy device with custom ROM firmwares, can install custom recovery images such as TWRP or CWM, overlock CPU, flash custom kernel, remove blotware or can implement other unofficial procedures to your galaxy device.
Well, now it’s time to take a look on the pre-requirements that are essential for the rooting procedure. Without the requirements properly met, neither you can root your device successfully nor can safeguard it. Make sure that this rooting procedure is only meant for the Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V and hence, should not be used with any other devices. Remember, we at TechGipsy never take any responsibility for your bugged or bricked device. So do rooting only if you understand that it’s only your responsibility. Now let’s have a look on the requirements. .
- One Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V.
- One PC pre-installed with latest Verizon Galaxy S5 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC.
- Original USB cable.
- At least 70% power back up to avoid unexpected device shut down.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Towelroot APK for your Galaxy Device and install it on your device.
- Then download G900V_NCG_Stock_Kernel for your Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V & extract it to the desktop of your PC. After download Odin v3.09.zip and extract it too.
- Then Put your Verizon Galaxy S5 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Verizon Galaxy device into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the G900V_NCG_Stock_Kernel and install it on your Smartphone device.
- Once your handset restarts you might find some apps failing and force close, this is why you were recommended earlier to install Towel Root so that we can get in and get out. Press Ok or continue to Force Close in case of necessity still you get Towel Root open and “Make it rain”. After switch off the phone and get back to download mode.
- Now download the NI2_stock_kernel for your Galaxy Device and flash it on your device following the same Odin method. et your device reboot. Once reboots, download the SuperSu app from Google Play for your Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V device. The SupreSu app will assist you to easily manage the rooting process.
That’s it! Now you have successfully rooted your Verizon Galaxy S5 SM-G900V handset. Even during the rooting process, Odin might stop functioning. In such cases, close the program, unplug the device and force restart your Smartphone. After install the root file again starting from the beginning. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.