The Motorola Moto X Play can now be rooted easily. This Smartphone was just landed in floor the previous month and the Smartphone is laden with a number of lucrative features. If you are an advanced Android user and is not satisfied with the existing Android features, then you can root your Motorola Moto X Play to remove the factory restrictions from your device so that it will be liable to be customized in a way you want. But before that you need to flash a Custom Recovery image on your Moto X Play so that it will allow you for powering your device in a more convenient way. If you don’t know how to install a Custom Recovery on your Moto X Play, then this article will guide you through the same.
Post rooting, the Motorola Moto X Play will be all the way more flexible to use and you can Customize it in a way you want. You can not only download unlimited rooted Apps from the Play Store but can install a number of Custom ROMs on your Smartphone. To root the Smartphone, you have to use the SuperSu App and in the below guideline I shall guide you through the steps to flash this rooting kernel on your Moto X Play. But remember, because this is an unofficial operation, so rooting your handset will void the warranty of your device. This rooting process has nothing to do with the Google or Motorola.
Before starting the rooting process, you need to take a proper look of the below given guidelines and must remember that rooting your handset with this given kernel might end up with any unpleasant situation like brick or bug of your device for which TechGipsy will not remain responsible. So proceed only if you are ready to take the responsibility yourself.
- One Motorola Moto X Play
- One PC pre-installed with Motorola Moto X Play drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC.
- Original USB cable.
- At least 70% power back up to avoid unexpected device shut down.
- Enable the USB Debugging option in your Moto X Play.
- Disable any antivirus program you run on your device.
Steps to Root
- First of all download the SuperSU root exploit for your Motorola Moto X Play and place it on your desktop. No need to unzip the root package.
- Then enable the Unknown sources and the USB Debugging option from the Settings panel.
- Next connect your Motorola Moto X Play to your PC via USB & transfer the root exploit to your Smartphone.
- Next unplug your device from your PC and switch off your Moto X Play and enter your device into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “Install” and choose the root exploit that you transferred to your handset in step III.
- That’s all. Now your Smartphone will be rooted autometically.
- Wait still the installation finishes and after that go back to the Recovevry mode menu and reboot your device from there.
Congratulations! Now your Motorola Moto X Play has been successfully rooted. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.