The Sony Xperia TX LT29i (hayabusa) can now be updated to the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM13 Nightly ROM. The Custom ROM is introduced by Recognized XDA developer Adrian DC and absolute credit for this update goes to him. But being this is an unofficial Custom ROM, there is possibility that your Smartphone might brick or get bugged. Remember, we at Techgipsy shall not remain responsible if your device gets bricked or cluttered with bug. It’s all your responsibility. Also the warranty of your device will be void. So you have to bear with that.
The CM13 Nightly Marshmallow ROM will enrich your Sony Xperia TX LT29i with all Marshmallow goodies. You can also customize your Smartphone. This ROM is based on CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware. You get a complete list of the Marshmallow features after flashing this Custom ROM on your Smartphone. But before starting the update, you need to fulfill the pre-requirements.
First of all you have to root your Sony Xperia TX LT29i Smartphone and install the latest TWRP 3.0 on your handset. Also you need to create a complete backup for your Sony Xperia TX LT29i since the personal data in your Smartphone might vanish during the custom rom update. You must install the Sony Xperia TX LT29i drivers on your PC to make it connect easily to your Smartphone. You need to enable the USB debugging option on your Smartphone before the update and after disable it.
Among other important requirements, your Sony Xperia TX LT29i needs to be disabled from any antivirus link if you are using in your device. Maintain at least 75% power back up on your Smartphone to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM13 ROM on Sony Xperia TX LT29i
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM13 Nightly ROM & the Gapps (search from Google) for your Sony Xperia TX LT29i.
- Then connect your Sony Xperia TX LT29i to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your handset. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Android device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now Install the files in respective manner & wait still the files are flashed to your Sony Xperia TX LT29i one after another.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Wait for the update to finish. Once the finished, your Sony Xperia TX LT29i will reboot automatically. That’s all. You have now successfully flashed the newest unofficial Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow CM13 Nightly ROM on your Sony Xperia TX LT29i. In case of any issues, ping me via the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.