The Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G SM-T531 is at hand getting updated to the newest Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 Custom ROM. The Custom ROM is about to bring a number of changes in your device and will revamp it. If you have by now not installed the Custom ROM in your Galaxy Tab already, then this is the right place where you will get a HOW TO source to flash the Custom ROM file on your Tab. By following the below given steps, simply you can install the Marshmallow Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G.
While the Android 6.0 Marshmallow is not officially available for many a Android handset, seems Cyanogenmod has taken a sole promise to enable the users test the Marshmallow features on their devices before the OTA rolls. But because the Custom ROM is still in beta mode, so definitely it will not be that smooth for daily usage. But is enough to make feel the Marshmallow features. So we recommend that you should use this Custom ROM on your device only if you are an Advanced Android user.
Remember, because this is an unofficial update, so the warranty of your device will be void if you flash this firmware on your handset. Even your device might get bugged, brick or result in a dead SD Card during the Custom ROM update, for the which act we shan’t stand responsible. Also forget not to take a quick look on the pre-requirements before the update.
Firstly, create a complete back up for your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G as your Galaxy Tab might lose all data during update. Besides, enable the USB Debugging option in your Galaxy Tab before update. To do so, visit Settings>About US section in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G. Apart install the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G drivers on your PC which will help you to connect your device successfully to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the CyanogenMod 13 Custom ROM and Gapps files for your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G.
- Then connect your Galaxy Tab to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Galaxy Tab, unplug USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD card in step II.
- Now click Install and wait still the file is flashed to your Android device. Follow the same procedure to flash the Gapps file to your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
- The rebooting takes few minutes before it will collect and wrap all files.
That’s all! Now your You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 3G will reboot automatically to the brand new CyanogenMod 13.0 Custom ROM. Updating your Galaxy Tab following the said procedure is quite easy and hence mustn’t create any issues for you. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.