The Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 can now be updated to the most recent and powerful Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Resurrection Remix v5.6.4 ROM. The Custom ROM is introduced by Senior XDA member jdelano and absolute credit for this update goes to him. But since this is an unofficial ROM, there is possibility of your device getting bricked or bugged. Remember, we shall not remain responsible if your device gets bricked or cluttered with bug. It’s all your responsibility.
Besides, your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 needs to get rooted and installed with a Custom Recovery image before update. You need to create a complete backup for your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 since your data might vanish during the custom rom update. You must install the Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 drivers on your handset to make it connect easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 needs to be disabled from any antivirus link if you are using in your device.
Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Android 6.0 Marshmallow ROM on Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Resurrection Remix ROM & Gapps (search from Google) for your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to your PC via USB and move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now Install the files in respective manner & wait still the files are flashed to your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 one after another.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Wait for the update to finish. Once the finished your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will reboot automatically. That’s all. You have now successfully flashed the newest unofficial Android 6.0 Marshmallow Resurrection Remix Custom ROM on your Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3. In case of any issues, ping me via the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.