The AT&T Galaxy S5 Active users if interested to enjoy a more smooth and powerful Lollipop experience, then we have an option for them. One new unofficial yet smoother Lollipop ROM called Android 5.0 Lollipop TMS5 3.0 is available for the AT&T Galaxy S5 Active Smartphone. The Custom ROM is based on Touchwiz Lollipop G900F and is absolutely stable in nature and hence carries no extra blotware. But you might face little issues with the battery and Media Provider which are not major. Otherwise, you will find many other great features included in this Custom ROM.
Because it’s not an official Custom ROM update, so it will void the warranty of your AT&T Galaxy S5 Active and you can’t retrieve it back. Similarly you have to install the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) on your AT&T Galaxy S5 Active Smartphone before starting the update. Undoubtedly the new Custom ROM will bring considerable changes in your Smartphone and will make it more worthy for use. But at the same time you might face certain issues or bugs in your device because of the update for which we at TechGipsy will not remain responsible.
Remember, this update is exclusively meant for the AT&T Galaxy S5 Active. If you use this installation file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Apart, enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update and disable it post update. Maintain at least 75% power back up on your Android device to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Forget not to create a full back of your AT&T Galaxy S5 Active so that you will not permanently loose the pictures, videos, songs and all other important data on your device. It’s mandatory as during installation, all data in your device will be erased.
Steps to update AT&T Galaxy S5 Active to Android 5.0 Lollipop TMS5 3.0 ROM
- At first download the Android 5.0 Lollipop TMS5 3.0 ROM file for your AT&T Galaxy S5 Active Smartphone.
- Next install Flashfire on your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM file to your Smartphone. After switch off your Smartphone and detach the USB cable.
- Now launch Flashfire on your Smartphone and tap the “+” symbol on your device.
- Next tap “wipe” and tap the “+” symbol again. Now it’s time to flash the Custom ROM file.
- To start installation, choose the Lollipop TMS5 3.0 ROM file and then tap “Flash”. Wait still the installation is finished and post installation, your device will reboot automatically.
That’s all! You have successfully updated your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 Active Smartphone to the new Android 5.0 Lollipop TMS5 3.0 Custom ROM. Updating your Smartphone following the procedure given above is quite easy and hence mustn’t create any issues for you. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.