Great news European Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F users! Your Smartphone now can test the versatility of the Android 6.0 Marshmallow themed PopWiz Telstra v5.0 Custom ROM that is available for update on your European Samsung Galaxy S5. The Custom ROM has been brought to you by Junior XDA member iris28,who ensures that status of the ROM is stable and hence is expected to make your everyday mobile experience smooth and user-friendly. you must not get worried thinking how to install this new Custom ROM on your European Samsung Galaxy S5. You have to just follow the steps mentioned below and you will be all done in moments.
The new Custom ROM is supposed to add a number of superior stuff to the changelog of your device that include MM Themed SMusic Player, HipAsian Kernel w/ Camera libs, New Themed SystemUI, Fixed HDMI, Fixed NetFlix, Fixed Video Editor, Marshmallow Theme Store, Fully Fixed Private Mode[/B], Note 5 Marshmallow UI, Fixed Bluetooth, Added iOS Notification and Ringtone, Aroma Installer, Fixed Settings, Fixed Video Recording, Stock 5.0 Camera libs and many more.
Because this is an unofficial Custom ROM update, so you will lose the warranty of your deice. So get ready to bear the expense if you do any for repairing your handset in future. Also remember that the tutorial is only for the said model of the said device. So don not use it in any other device or model of Galaxy S5. Apart, you might face issues that seem completely absurd or you might bug or brick your device for the which act, we at Androidjee will never remain responsible. The update is all your responsibility. Now let’s take a look on the prior requirements essential for this update.
First of all create a Nandroid back up for your European Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F and then enable the USB Debugging option on your handset. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your handset. Install the Samsung Galaxy S5 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Maintain at least 75% power back up on your device to avoid any inconvenience during the update. Your European Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone needs to be rooted and flashed with the latest CWM Recovery before the update since the ROM will seek access to built-in features and programs and being the file in .zip format will require Recovery Image to get installed. You can do this after unlocking your handset.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the PopWiz Telstra v5.0 Marshmallow Themed Custom ROM file & Gapps for your European Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB & move the files to the SD card of your device. After unplug the USB, switch off your Smartphone and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install zip from SD card” and choose the Telstra Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD Card in step II.
- Now click update and follow the instructions appearing on your screen. It will take sometime to flash the Custom ROM in your Smartphone.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, return to the Main Menu in Recovery mode and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats! Now you have successfully learnt the procedure to install the PopWiz Telstra v5.0 Marshmallow Themed Custom ROM to your European Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F. This update is simple to follow and easy to implement. So you shouldn’t face issues in the update procedure. Still you face, inform me in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution to your issue.