The Motorola Moto E 2015 4G XT1514 Smartphone users if interested to enjoy a more smooth and powerful Android experience on their handset, then we have a great option for them. One new unofficial yet smoother Lollipop ROM is available for the Motorola Moto E 2015 4G right away. The Custom ROM is named as Android Marshmallow CAF-6.0 Surnia and is based on Alpha builds. This Custom ROM is in developing stage and hence might carry certain blotware. But one thing you will find not functioning in the Custom ROM is the SD card and hence users who are fond of storing abundant data in their devices might not find this ROM suitable. Otherwise, you will find other features such as Bluetooth, SMS/RIL, Sound and Camera functioning well in this device.
Because it’s not an official Custom ROM update, so it will void the warranty of your Motorola Moto E 2015 4G XT1514 and you can’t retrieve it back. Similarly you have to install the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) on your Motorola Moto E 2015 4G before starting the update. The new firmware is supposed to bring considerable changes in your Motorola Moto E 2015 4G handset and will make it more noteworthy to use. But at the same time you might face certain issues or bugs in your device because of the update for which we at TechGipsy will not remain responsible.
Remember, this update is exclusively meant for the Motorola Moto E 2015 4G Smartphone. If you use this Custom ROM file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Apart, enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update and disable it post update. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown during update. Most importantly create a full back of your Motorola Moto E 2015 4G Smartphone so that you will not permanently loose the pictures, videos, songs and all other important data on your device. It’s mandatory since during installation of the update, all data in your device will be erased.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow CAF Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) file for your Motorola Moto E 2015 4G XT1514.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now click Install and wait still the files get flashed on your Motorola Moto E 2015 4G one after another.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats! You have successfully updated your Motorola Moto E 2015 4G Smartphone to the brand new Android 6.0 Custom ROM. Updating your Smartphone following the procedure given above is quite easy and hence mustn’t create any issues for you. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.