If you are a Verizon LG G3 vs985 Smartphone user, then you have real reasons to rejoice because a new Custom ROM namely the XenonHD Stable ROM has been launched for the Verizon LG G3 vs985 Smartphone. This is a fully functional Stable ROM and hence will enhance your Android experience to many extent. The XenonHD Stable ROM is based on the AOSP build and if you want to enjoy the Lollipop features before an official update is rolled for your Verizon LG G3, then you can use this Custom ROM. To start flashing this firmware on your Verizon LG G3 vs985 Smartphone follow the below given steps.
Before initiating the update process you must know that it’s not an official Custom ROM update and hence will void the warranty of your device and you can’t retrieve it back. Similarly you have to root and the install the latest Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) on your Verizon LG G3 vs985 before starting the update. The new Custom ROM will add a number of new features on your handset and will make your Smartphone user experience cent percent more enriched. But at the same time you might face certain issues in your device due to the update for which you shouldn’t blame us.
Remember, this update is exclusively meant for the Verizon LG G3 vs985. If you use this Custom ROM file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bugged or bricked. Also enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before starting the update. Install the LG G3 drivers on your PC which will help you to connect your Smartphone successfully to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down of your handset during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
NB: Most important is to create a full back of your Verizon LG G3 vs985 so that you will not permanently miss the pictures, videos, songs and all other important data on your device. It’s mandatory since during installation, you will loose all data in your device.
Steps to flash XenonHD Stable ROM on Verizon LG G3
- First of all download the XenonHD Stable ROM and Gapps (search from Google) for your Verizon LG G3 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Verizon LG G3 to your PC via USB and move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then click on “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your SD card in step II.
- Now click Install and wait still the firmwares are flashed on your Verizon LG G3 Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Conrgrats! You have successfully flashed the Android 5.1.1 with XenonHD Stable ROM on Verizon LG G3. Updating your Smartphone following the pprocedure is quite easy and hence mustn’t create any issues for you. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.