The Samsung Galaxy Note Edge users in Russia are the numero uno users to receive the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop official firmware update. The update in Russia is being pushed via OTA and if you are a user of this device residing in Russia, then you might receive the update at any time. Besides, if are also located somewhere else globally, then also you can try these steps. But we are not sure if the update will be 100% successful. But if you are a user based in Russia and want not to wait the update to hit your handset, then this article will definitely help you to flash this new firmware manually in your Galaxy Note Edge.
You are recommended to use WiFi while downloading the update. Else it might use much mobile data. Apart, double check the Name and model of your Galaxy Note before starting the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and hence should not be implemented in any other devices. Else it might brick your device or create bugs in it. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge drivers since the drivers will help you connect your handset to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU1COH2.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Note Edge into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Press Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your Galaxy Note into download mode.
- Then connect your Galaxy Note Edge to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted official lollipop folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Note Edge restarts.
Fantastic!! You are now all done. It’s time to detect the changes that your device underwent post update. So start browsing your Galaxy Note Edge and let’s know about the changes. If faced any problems in the update process, feel free to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.