The final build (golden master) of iOS 11 is now available. If you want the iOS 11 version on your device, here’s a full-fledged guide on how to clean install iOS 11 final update on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Back Up Everything First
Clean installing iOS 11 with iTunes is what you’re going to perform. As you’ll lose settings and files, so it’s important to back them up in a secure location, so that you won’t lose those precious images. There are two common ways to back up your device is using iCloud and iTunes.
Use iCloud For Backup
This can be done by going to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Backup > Backup Now. If “iCloud Backup” is disabled, you need to activate it first before performing the backup.
Use iTunes For Backup
To do this, your computer should have iTunes installed. You can download iTunes software via apple.com/itunes. Once the installation is complete, plug your iPhone/ iPad/ iPod Touch to your PC, then choose it from iTunes, and choose Backup > To This Computer. The process can take minutes, depending on the size of files on your phone. Once done, you are ready to clean install iOS 11 golden master on your compatible iOS device.
Also read: How to Record iPhone Screen with iOS 11 & iOS 10
Go to this link to download the firmware for your device. After that, save it on the desktop. Downloading will take a bit as the firmware file is a few gigabytes. You’d better drink coffee at this time and wait for the download to complete. Once done. It’s time to install the new firmware on your phone
Steps To Clean Installing iOS 11 Golden Master On iPhone/iPad/ iPod Touch
- Make sure iTunes is installed on your Mac or PC, and the final iOS 11version is downloaded,
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch to your computer with the help of a lightning cable.
- iTunes should now open automatically. If not, you can open it up manually.
- At top left-hand corner of iTunes, you’ see your device listed here. Select it by clicking it.
- Now take a look at a button called “Restore iPhone”. Simply click on it while pressing and holding Shift (on Windows) key or Option ( on Mac) key and then select the IPSW iOS 11 firmware file.
- After choose the firmware file, wait for iTunes to extract it, do the restoration and verify the update.
Once everything is done, you phone will be able to into the iOS 11 welcome screen directly. Here, you can set up the device as you like by setting up as new or restore settings and files from the backup you made earlier. Enjoy the new iOS 11 version and share the interesting things with us in the comment below.