Are you the owner of a Nexus 6 device? Do you face any problems with the stock firmware in your handset? Do you want to update it with a brand new firmware version for better possibility of usage? Then I have a good proposal for you. Now the SlimLP Android 5.0.2 Alpha ROM is available for the Nexus 6 handset which you can alter with the Stock Android ROM if you want. The SlimLP team has designed this Custom ROM for use of less memory and also will accompany few new features such as Layers and Doze ambient display etc. But if you are interested to flash this Custom ROM to your Nexus 6 handset, then you need to take a look on the below mentioned pre-requirements at first.
Since the ROM is on Alfa mode, so there is possibility of your device facing issues or bugs post update. Remember, we shall not remain responsible if anything such happens. It’s all your responsibility. Besides, your handset needs to get rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery image before update. Also you need to create a complete backup for your handset since your data might vanish during the update. Among other important needs, your handset you need to disable any antivirus link if you are using in your device. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
NB: Your Nexus 6 handset needs to get rooted and installed with the latest CWM Recovery before initiating this process.
Steps to flash Android SlimLP Android 5.0.2 Alpha ROM on Nexus 6
- First of all download the SlimLP Android 5.0.2 Alpha ROM & Gapps for your Nexus 6.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the internal storage of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now Install the files one after another and wait still the firmwares are flashed on your Nexus 6 Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all you have to do. Wait still the update finishes. Great!! Now you can test the changes and improvised features on your handset. Don’t forget to share what you find extra on your handset now. In case of any issues, inform me via comment section. I shall find out some solution for you.