Samsung, the leading South Korean mobile and Smartphone manufacturer just recently rolled a new official Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware with the build name XXUDOC5 for the Galaxy S4 LTE-A GT-I9506 Smartphone users in Nordic countries. So if you are a user and living in the mentioned country, then you can flash this new firmware to your handset right now. Soon you will get the update notification (being this an OTA update) on your smartphone. Then you can download the software, launch it on your device and can follow the instructions that appear on your screen to flash it to your handset. You also can manually check availability of the firmware on your Galaxy S4 LTE-A handset by going to Settings>About Device>Software Update.
But if you are not patient enough to wait still the OTA hits, then you can follow the manual update method. Updating the new Android 5.0.1 XXUDOC5 firmware on your Galaxy S4 LTE-A Smartphone using the manual method will be little tricky, but not difficult. But if you are a newbie, then you must properly read and understand the step-by-step guide properly before initiating the update. Remember, we at Techgipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage of your device, if it experiences any during the update process. So don’t proceed if you know not what you do.
You are recommended to use WiFi while downloading the update. Else it might use much mobile data. Apart, double check the Name and model of your handset before starting the update since this guide is meant only for the S4 LTE-A GT-I9506 and hence should not be implemented in any other devices. Else it might brick your device or create bugs in it. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements.
- All important data and files of your S4 LTE-A GT-I9506 should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with Galaxy S4 LTE-A GT-I9506 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your handset to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.0.1 XXUDOC5.zip file for your Galaxy S4 LTE-A GT-I9506 handset and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy S4 LTE-A into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Press Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Then connect your Galaxy S4 LTE-A to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted official lollipop folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy S4 LTE-A restarts.
Fantastic!! You are now all done with the task. It’s time to detect the changes that your device underwent post update. So start browsing your Smartphone and let’s know about the changes. If faced any problems in the update process, feel free to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.