It’s quite good news for all the Galaxy A5 SM-A500F that just of late landed one latest firmware from Samsung for them in a number of countries such as Philippines, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, & Indonesia etc. The update has stepped in with the firmware build XXU1AOC2. This firmware is recommended for the Galaxy A5 SM-A500F users who reside in the said countries as it will enhance the usability and user experience of their handset and simultaneously will fix the existing bugs in the current build. The update is available in both OTA and manual update methods. Users residing in Brazil are recommended to update their Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500F via the OTA since soon the update will hit their Smartphone. But if they are too late too receive the update, then they can upgrade via manual update method.
But before that they need to read and understand the whole procedure properly since it’s essential and they must stand to the requirements as those are badly needed for the update. Here is a list of requirements. Just have a look on those and do as directed. Also make sure that we at TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of issues created in your device during the update, since it’s your decision to update your device. Properly check the name and model of your Galaxy device before initiating the procedure.
Pr-requisites for the Update
- All important data and files of your Galaxy A5 SM-A500F Smartphone (Philippines, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, & Indonesia) should be provided good back-up before this update since it’s assumed to erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500F drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Galaxy A5 SM-A500F
- Firstly download the Android 4.4.4 XXU1AOC2.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500F and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500F into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously.
- Then connect the Galaxy A5 SM-A500F to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.4.4 XXU1AOC2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500F restarts.
Congratulations!! You are now done with the updating your Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500F Smartphone to the latest Android 4.4.4 XXU1AOC2 firmware. Go ahead and experience the enhanced android fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.