The Samsung Galaxy SM-W2014 users are recommended to update their Galaxy devices to the latest Android 4.3 KEUBOB1 Firmware which has just recently been released in China for the China Telecome users. The firmware bears the build name CTC with the PDA Serial W2014KEUBOB1 and is an OTA update. Being an OTA, it’s being rolled in installments and hence might take some time to reach the users. So they can update their devices post getting the notification on their devices. However, there is also another update method called the manual update method that can be used to flash the new firmware, in case the users are desperate to update their Galaxy SM-W2014 devices even before the notification arrives their notification panel.
To start with the update you need to fill certain requirements which are quite essential. To get a detailed knowledge of the pre-requirements, have a look below.
Double check the Name and model of your Galaxy device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy SM-W2014 handset and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Remember, TechGipsy will no way remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your handset might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy SM-W2014 should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy SM-W2014 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your handset to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Smartphone should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.3 KEUBOB1.zip file for your Galaxy SM-W2014 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy SM-W2014 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 4.3 KEUBOB1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy device restarts.
That’s it! You have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy SM-W2014 with the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat KEUBOB1 Firmware. Now it’s time to explore the new features in your handset. If you face any issues, let’s know in the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.