Great news for Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo SM-G903F users. Samsung lately rolled the new Lollipop firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo users. While the Smartphone by default was running the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS, in France, a new version of Lollipop OS is rolled for the Smartphone. But in Italy, the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo is getting upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS. In France, the update is rolled to the general and Bouygues Carrier devices whilst in Italy it’s rolled for the TIM users. But both the updates will enhance your Android User experience and will take it to the next level.
Better you can experience the features once you have upgraded your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo to the next firmware. To start updating your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo using the manual update method, go through the steps properly and follow those accordingly. Make sure to check your device name and model properly before initiating the update since the update is exclusively meant for the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo and implementing the same procedure in other devices might brick your Smartphone or create bugs in it. Remember, TechGipsy will not be responsible for any sort of issues created in your device due to the update process.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo should be provided a good backup before this update since it might erase all your important data.
- A computer and USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android Lollipop/Marshmallow zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Then download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button at a time. Thereafter press the Volume UP Button after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your device into download mode.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Lollipop/Marshmallow firmware folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo restarts.
Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating of your Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo to the latest Android KitKat firmware version. Go ahead and experience the latest features in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to us via comment section. Also forget not to mention your new Lollipop/Marshmallow experience via massage. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.