Xiaomi Mi3 is one of the most popular Android Smartphones at present making it around corners in the Smartphone market. While the Smartphone went into market in the month of September last year, just recently its rooting secret got unveiled. I mean the rooting facilities are already inbuilt in the Smartphone device. But to make the facilities functional, you need to update your Xiaomi Mi3 Smartphone with the developer ROM. Since the default in-built ROM is not sufficient for the rooting, you have to first update your Smartphone after following the below given update process. But before that it’s essential that some pre-requirements should be attained. Just have a look on those.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the rooting process since this guide is meant for only the Xiaomi Mi3 Smartphone and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Make sure that TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Xiaomi Mi3 should be provided with a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be per-loaded with Xiaomi Mi3 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Xiaomi.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 85% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Root Your Xiaomi Mi3 Device
- It’s essential to update your device with the developer ROM before starting the rooting process. So at first download the official developer ROM for the Mi3 device from Xiami’s official site.
- After rename the file to update.zip.
- Now place the file in the SD card of your Xiaomi Mi3 Smartphone and then click on the Update App option in your Smartphone.
- Now click on the Menu button to select the Select installation file/Select Update package option.
- A series of files will be displayed now. Choose the update.zip file which you had placed on your SD card in step 3.
- Next click on the Update button and keep patience still the flashing finishes. Reboot your device post installation.
That’s it. Now you have successfully updated your Xiaomi Mi3 Smartphone device with the Developer ROM. Now it’s time to start the rooting process. To start rooting, go to the Security App section in your device and enable the Root Permission Icon. Congrats!! Your work is done. Now you have successfully rooted your Xiaomi Mi3 Smartphone. In case of any further issues, feel free to revert to me via the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you.