Well Readers! You might have recollected that in one of my previous articles I had guided you through the steps to update your Galaxy Note Edge Smartphone with the most recent Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware. Now in this article I shall guide you through a complete guide, following which you can easily root your T-Mobile Galaxy Note Edge handset on Android 4.4.4 KitKat Firmware. The rooting process will be via CF-Auto Root firmware and Odin method. What you have to do in all is to follow the procedure mentioned below and you can manage to handle the rooting process easily.
Post rooting, your Smartphone becomes eligible for multi-tasking, the which chore can never be achieved in the stock Android firmware. Benefits of rooting is a lot, but to name a few, you can remove bloatware, flash custom ROMs, install custom recovery images, install custom kernels and many other custom apps which you can never do in the stock Android KitKat OS. Besides, flexibility of your android device will be enhanced to the next level post rooting of your T-Mobile Galaxy Note Edgee. Your device will be speed up and the existing bugs and lags will get fixed. Also you can customize your phone as per your requirement along with the Samsung UI, can speed up your web browsing experience and fix the other existing issues in your device. So now let’s take a look on the below mentioned steps to start updating your device.
Before initiating xthe process, I must tell you that rooting your device will void the warranty of your Smartphone since the rooting files are been developed by the third party devs and they have nothing to do with Google or Samsung. The update is your own risk. We at TechGipsy will never be blamed for any sort of issues created in your Smartphone during the rooting process. So make sure that you read and understand the procedure well before starting the procedure.
- One Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915T Smartphone
- One PC pre-installed with latest Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915T drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC.
- Original USB cable
- Backup of all your device data such as MMS, SMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files expected to get lost during the rooting process.
- At least 70% power back up to avoid unexpected device shut down.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Remember to untick the Debugging box when you are done with the rooting procedure.
- Uninstall the antivirus app in smartphone & Disable the antivirus program in your PC.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Root package for your Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915T and extract it onto the desktop of your PC. Download Odin v3.09.zip then and extract it too.
- Then Put your Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915T into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915T into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file (root file) from the extracted folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin screen and press the “Start” button. The rooting process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915T Smartphone reboots.
That’s it! Now you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915T handset. During the rooting process, Odin might stop functioning. In such cases, close the program, unplug the device and force restart your Smartphone. After install the root file again starting from the beginning. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.