The Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 Smartphone users who have recently updated their Smartphones to the latest Android 5.0.1 Lollipop XXUHOB7 Firmware can now root their devices. Being this update exclusively meant for the said device so it’s a great news for the handset Users. To start rooting their devices right now, the users can follow the below mentioned rooting guide. But before they must know that rooting their Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 Smartphone will void the warranty of their device and also will remove the factory restrictions.
Rooting your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 Smartphone will bring you limitless opportunities to multitask your device. First of all it will open up ample space to download rooted apps from Google Play and secondly it will permit you to flash various Custom ROMs on your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 Smartphone. There are also several other benefits of rooting your device which has is a priority for Advanced android users. Anyways, now it’s time to follow the step-by-step guide for initiating the rooting process.
As I told you earlier also, that rooting your device will void the warranty of your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505, so make up your mind first if you wanna root or not. Also make sure that during the rooting procedure, you might face unknown issues, bugs in your handset or it might get bricked for which we at TechGipsy will not remain responsible. It’s all your forte to manage the task. We are here only to help you if any issue occurs during the procedure. Now let’s take a look on the rooting procedure.
- Your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 Smartphone must be flashed with a CWM Recovery before initiating the process. This update must be used only for the Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 Smartphone and not for any other Galaxy variants.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 Smartphone should be provided a good back-up before rooting since it might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post rooting.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the rooting procedure.
Steps to Root Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 on Android 5.0.1 Lollipop
- First of all download the SuperSU Root App for your Galaxy S4 LTE I9505 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB & then copy & Paste the UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file to the SD card of your device.
- After unplug the USB, switch off your Smartphone and put it into recovery mode. To do that press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power Button in your Smartphone.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- In recovery mode scroll down and choose the option “Install zip from SD card” and choose the .zip file from the root of your SD card which you had moved to your Smartphone in step II. Use the Power button to select the file from SD card.
- Now confirm installation on next screen and the installation would initiate now. It will take sometime for the rooting procedure to finish.
- Once the rooting is finished, return to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all you have to do. Now your Smartphone will rebooted with the rooted SuperSU app. You can check it in the app drawer of your device. The process is easy to follow and simple to implement. Still you might face certain issues while chasing the rooting procedure. If face any obstacles, then get back to me via comment section and I shall try to sort your issue out soon.