Do you own a Motorola Moto E and want to root your phone? Rooting gives you more control on your device and allows you to tweak your phone to a great degree. Head over and follow the given instructions to root Moto E (2015) on the stock ROM and on Android Lollipop 5.0 or 5.1.For rooting the Moto E we are going to use “SuperSU”. It is one of the best rooting packages available. It comes packed with all the components needed for root access on Android phones, including the su binary and a root manager app.
A word of warning. Rooting will void your device’s warranty. Also, you run the risk of soft-bricking your device while flashing the components. TechGipsy disclaims any liability for any kind of damage or loss that occurs howsoever during enacting the steps specified in this tutorial.
We strongly advise you to make a backup of your data before proceeding. Make sure your device is fully charged before flashing.
Get Set Root!
- Connect your Moto E to your PC.
- Copy the SuperSU package, “UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.49.zip” to the root of the SD card on your phone.
- Power foo your phone and, power it on again by simultaneously pressing and holding Volume Up + Power buttons for a couple of seconds. This starts your phone in recovery mode. Use volume +/- buttons to navigate and the power button to select.
- Scroll to “flash zip from SD card” and press the Power button to select it.
- Press the Power button again and select “choose zip from SD card” and navigate to the SuperSU package copied to the SD card. Press the power button to select it.
- Confirm the installation by pressing the power button again to start flashing.
Once the flashing is complete, choose “Reboot system now” to boot in normal mode.
Walla! Your Moto E has been successfully rooted. Enjoy your new found power! Locate the SuperSU app in phone and verify the root status.
So how was your experience of rooting your Moto E? Let us know in the comments.