The Android 7 Nougat official update is now available for Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F in a number of countries. The Samsung Galaxy S8 users can now update their devices to the Android 7 Nougat using the G950FXXU1AQF7 firmware build. The update brings a number of great features, a number of improvements, existing bug fixes and the stability on your device. If you want to upgrade your smartphone, then we are here with the step-by-step guide for you. By following the given steps in this post, you can easily update your device to the Android 7.0 Nougat OS. Before doing that, you need to meet certain requirements so that your update will be successful and any important data will not lost in your device. So take a quick look on the pre-requirements.
First, check the name and model of your smartphone as this tutorial is only for the Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F and flashing the firmware on other devices might end up bricking it, for which we will not take any responsibility. So proceed only if you really understand what you do.
- Make a full backup of important data of your Samsung Galaxy S8 before the update, as it will format your device.
- You also need a computer and an original USB cable for the update.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S8 USB drivers as the drivers will help to connect your device to your PC. If not installed, first download the drivers from the official Samsung’s website and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your device should be enabled. To enable it, go to Menu>Settings>Developer Options.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 50% power back up before starting the update.
How to Update
- At first download (As per your location) the Android 7 Nougat firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F and download Odin v3.12.zip, here, then extract both on the desktop of your PC.
- Then boot your Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F into download mode by first switching off the phone and then pressing its ‘Volume Down’ button, ‘Power’ Button and ‘Home’ Button at the same time. After that, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button to put your device into the download mode.
- Next, plug your Smartphone to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin.
- The ID:COM port will turn blue with the COM port number after the connection of your Samsung Galaxy S8 to your PC is successful.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted firmware folder. Make sure you have already unchecked the re-partition option.
- Next, click on the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F reboots.
Congratulation! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F to the latest Android Nougat Firmware. Now you can experience the new features in your Samsung Galaxy S8. In case of any issues, get back to us via the comment section. We shall definitely come out with a solution for you.