Great News Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900H Users! In this article, I will guide you through the steps to flash the latest version of the stock Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S5 handset. The latest version of the the Android 5.0 Lollipop OS aims at enhancing your user experience by enhancing the features and fixing the existing bugs in your device. The update is dubbed as G900HXXU1BOL1 and is being rolled in Pakistan, Nigeria, Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia. So what you have to do in is just to follow the steps that we have mentioned below and flash the files to your Samsung Galaxy S5 handset.
Remember, this guide is specially meant for the Samsung Galaxy S5 handset with the model number SM-G900H and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your Smartphone. Remember, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any damage or data loss if your device might undergoes during the update. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone should be created with a good back-up before the update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the required Samsung Galaxy S5 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu>Settings>Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Pakistan, Nigeria, Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia) the Android 5.0 Lollipop.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone and extract it to the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S5 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down+Power+Home Buttons simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your device into download mode.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 to the PC via USB.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of your Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Lollipop 5.0.zip folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S5 restarts.
If your Galaxy device restarts without any issues, know that you are all done with the update successfully. If your Samsung Galaxy S5 stuck in bootloop mode during the update, then you have to hard reset your device and initiate the process again from the beginning. You can also follow this guide to come out of bootloop. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.