In my previous article, I let you know the Step to flash Official Android 5.0.1 Lollipop XXU1BOB7 Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915G and hope this article would have been of some use for the users searching for an update guide. Here I bring you but the complete guide to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101 to Android 4.4.2 XXUBNL1 firmware using Odin method. The task is easy and will help you fix the existing bugs in your Smartphone and will bless you with brand new features that will enhance your Android KitKat experience. But to perform the task you need to follow a manual step-by-step guide that I bring here today for you. Just follow this article & you can update your Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101 to the Android KitKat 4.4.2 XXUBNL1 Firmware easily.
If you are a proud owner of the awesome Galaxy S4 Zoom and want to further upgrade it then we have two options for you. Since this update is released in Open Austria, users living there will get a OTA update notification on their device. After getting the notification just they have to click on the notification to download the file and should follow the appearing instructions on their device screen to update it further. But if you are a user who want not to wait to update your device, then the manual update method is for you. But before initiating the manual update, you need to fill certain conditions, otherwise called pre-requirements for this update. Take a keen look on the requirements here.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101 & implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy S4 Zoom SM-C101 should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S4 Zoom drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XXUBNL1.zip file for your Galaxy S4 Zoom Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy S4 Zoom into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy S4 Zoom into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Galaxy Galaxy S4 Zoom to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the 4.4.2 extracted zip folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy S4 VE GT-I9515 restarts.
And Congratulations! You are now successfully done with the updating your S4 Zoom SM-C101 Smartphone. Go ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to us via comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.