If you have a Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F Smartphone, then get set to rejoice. Why? ‘Coz Samsung has started rolling out the newest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow G930FXXU1APD8 firmware for the Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F handset in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Slovenia and Turkey. If you are a user of the said handset and is in search of a step-by-step guide to update your Smartphone to the latest firmware, then I am here with the simple and easy to implement guide for you. The process is quite easy and will both fix the existing bugs in your device and will multiply your mobile experience with the newly incorporated features. But to perform the task, you need to solely read and understand the guide that I have brought here today for you. Just follow this article and within a few minutes you will be able to update your Samsung Galaxy S7 to the official Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow OS.
This article is especially for those Samsung lovers who are owners of the Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F and are desperate to further upgrade their Smartphone to the latest Marshmallow OS. I have a couple of options left for you. First of all you can update your Smartphone after getting the OTA notification on your Smartphone. But it’s only meant for the uses living in the concerned region where the firmware has gone on floor. After getting the notification (since this is an OTA update), you have to click on the firmware to download it and follow the appearing instructions on your screen to update it further. But if you are a user who is not interested to wait till the update hits your device, then you can follow the manual update method mentioned below. But before that you need to fill certain criteria, otherwise called pre-requirements for this update. Take a keen look on the requirements.
Double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy S7 & using the procedure in other devices might brick your Smartphone. Remember, TechGipsy will not be responsible for any damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S7 SM-G930F handset should be provided a good backup before this update since the update will erase all your data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy S7 drivers since that will help you to connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Samsung Galaxy S7 should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Developer Options.
- To ensure if the USB debugging option is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, maintain at least a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Pakistan, Afghanistan, Slovenia and Turkey) the Android 6.0 Marshmallow.zip file for Samsung Galaxy S7 and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Then download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S7 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down+Power+Home Buttons. Then press the Volume Up Button again after warning message appears on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy S7 into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin & choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S7 restarts.
That’s it! You have now successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy S7 to the official Marshmallow Firmware. Go ahead and experience the Android Marshmallow features in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.