Samsung has started rolling the new official KitKat firmware update for the Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite SM-T116BU. The firmware is now rolled via OTA. The update is rolled in Brazil for the Claro Galaxy Tab 3 users and in Colombia for the general users. The update a further upgradation to the existing Android 4.2 OS. So if you have not already received the update via OTA, then you can consider flashing it manually by following the steps I have mentioned below.
This new firmware version is going to add many new features to the change-log of your Galaxy Tab3 Lite and will enrich your device with many KitKat goodies. Also it will fix the bugs in your Samsung Galaxy Tab if it experiences any and at the same time will bring significant stability improvements in your device. So if you are not already into Lollipop Custom ROMs and want to flash this updated Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware on your Android device, then follow this article.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite should be provided a good backup before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite drivers since those will help you connect your Galaxy Tab to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download (Brazil & Colombia) the KitKat T116BUUBU0APF1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite and extract it on the desktop of your PC. After download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down, Power and Home Buttons simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy Tab into download mode.
- Now connect the Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″file from the extracted .zip folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite device restarts.
Voila! Now you have learnt the guide to flash the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat official T116BUUBU0APF1 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Tab3 Lite device. It’s time to have fun with the enhanced KitKat goodies. In case of issues, inform me in the comment section. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.