If you have a Samsung Galaxy A9 Smartphone and your device is running the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, and you want to install the latest TWRP Recovery in it. Installing the TWRP on your device removes the factory and default restrictions from your handset and you can customize your Smartphone in your own style.
This latest Custom Recovery for your Samsung Galaxy A9 handset has been developed by the xda-developers and is customized version of the stock and official TWRP platform. So it will not create any issues in your Galaxy A9. If you want to enjoy this stable Custom Recovery image on your handset, then follow the steps given in this article.
The tutorial is only for the Samsung Galaxy A9 and if you flash it on any other device, it will get bricked or cause some bugs.
Rather, you must understand that flashing the TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A9 following the given tutorial is yourself and TechGipsy will not take any responsibility for any sort of brick, warranty loss because of the installation. So, you are highly recommended to read and understand the article properly before you start the installation.
- One Samsung Galaxy A9 phone
- One Windows PC
- A USB Cable (Install Samsung Galaxy drivers first on your PC to connect it with your Smartphone)
- Make a complete backup of all important data including music, images etc.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode in the Developer Section.
- Before doing the process, ensure that your Smartphone has at least 65% battery left.
Now follow the Step-By-Step-Guide to flash TWRP Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A9.
Steps to Update
- First, download the TWRP Recovery file for your Galaxy A9 Smartphone as well as Odin app and then extract them on the desktop of your PC.
- Boot your Samsung Galaxy A9 into download mode by first powering off the phone and then pressing the Volume Down + Power + Home Button simultaneously. After that, press the Volume Up Button when you see a warning message appearing on your screen to put your Galaxy A9 into download mode.
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy A9 to your PC using a USB cable and open Odin.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Click on “AP/PDA” box in Odin and choose the “TWRP.tar.md5″ file from the extracted TWRP Recovery folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update process will take around 3-4 minutes. Wait until your Galaxy A9 reboots.
Also see: Tips to install Modified TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 3
Now you have successfully installed the TWRP custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy A9. If you face any issues, contact us in the comment section. We shall be there to help you out.