Great new for Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A510F users. Their Samsung Galaxy A5 at this moment is receiving a new powerful update which is going to fix the existing bugs in their Galaxy device and will simultaneously make their stock Android more stable. Because a stable firmware is always best for augmenting the superiority of the user’s Smartphone, so you are primarily recommended to flash this new firmware on your Galaxy A5. The firmware is rolled Over the Air and is supposed to hit your Smartphone at any point of time. So taking a vigil look every now and then on the notification section of your Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A510F.
The firmware is named as Android 5.1.1 XXU2APC4 and aims to make your Stock Android absolutely stable and powerful. This article deals in the manual update procedure following which you can flash the newly introduced Lollipop firmware on your handset. But primarily you are suggested to follow the OTA update method since it’s risk free and easier. But if you are an advanced Android user, then you can follow this manual update method. Before that make sure to meet the pre-requirements for this update.
NB: The update will be fully your responsibility and hence be truthful to take risk of this update yourself, in case your Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A510F undergoes any issues or bugs due to the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy A5 should be provided with a very good backup before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and the original USB should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy A5 SM-A510F drivers since the drivers will easily connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then primarily download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on the Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1 XXU2APC4.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy A5 and extract it to the desktop of your Computer. After download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy A5 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy A5 to the PC via USB cable.
- The bottom-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU2APC4 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A510F Smartphone restarts.
Did your device resume? Congrats!! You have successfully updated your Samsung Galaxy A5 Smartphone to the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop XXU2APC4 firmware. Now it’s time to detect the changes made to your device post update. Definitely share your new Lollipop experience with us. In case of any issues, you can inform me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. Happy browsing!!