Buying a mid-range device is never an easy task. While you need to check the cost-to-feature ratio, it is important to receive the updates for the device. Although various manufacturers are lazy for updating their devices, Xiaomi is an exception.
Xiaomi has recently rolled out MIUI 8.5 updates for Redmi 4A and 3S Prime and now, great news for Mi Max 2 users as the company is rolling out the Global Stable ROM V8.5 .The update comes with build number V22.214.171.124.NDDMIED, and is based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS with the size of 1.5GB for the zip file and 1.7GB for the fastboot tgz file.
This update build will bring the May security patch for the Mi Max 2 devices, which is a little bit disappointed for its users.
Download MIUI 8.5 for Xiaomi Mi Max 2
The Mi Max 2 users can now flash the MIUI 8.5 update via the stock recovery on your device or using fastboot method. Here are link download for both off them
Each file is used for a separate installation method, both of them are mentioned below.
Method 1: Flash The Update Via Stock Recovery
- First, download the MIUI 8.5 Zip file
- Next, move the downloaded file to the internal storage.
- Launch Updaterapp from the Home screen.
- Tap the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner.
- Now tap Choose update package
- Select the update file
- Finally reboot the device if it cannot reboot automatically.
Also read: How to flash Lineage OS ROM on Xiaomi Mi 4C
Method 2: Flash The Update via Fastboot
Although this method is a little bit difficult for the newbie as it will require you to unlocked bootloaders your Mi Max 2, you’ll get a fresh update on your handset without any bugs or issues. Once your Mi Max 2 is unlocked bootloader, you can follow these steps to flash the update.
- First, download MIUI ROM Flashing Tool and Fastboot drivers for Mi Max 2
- Now, power off the device
- Press both Volume Down + Power buttons for 10 seconds to enter Fastboot mode
- Plug your device to computer with the help of the micro-USB cable
- Now extract the ROM tgz file and copy the file path
- Next install and run the MIUI flashing tool then paste the path of the ROM into it
- Click on the first button (in yellow color) to Refresh so that MiFlash could automatically recognize your Mi Max 2.
- Now, click the second button (in Red color) to flash the update on the device.
- Wait until the progress bar in MiFlash changes into green color, and the update has successfully been installed on your device.
Although the update process is quite simple, there are some chances of some things wrong. In case your device gets stuck, you can download the Mi PC Suit for the restoration.