The Xiaomi Mi 3 Smartphone users can now update their device to the latest Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow XPerience Custom ROM. This Custom ROM is a free, community built ROM that aims at improvising the functionalities of your handset. The Custom ROM is based on AOSP builds & supports a number of successful features such as Layers, Wifi display, Network traffic meter, BT/usb/wifi tethering, VPN and many other features that you can experience once your Smartphone is updated with the the Custom ROM. Since this is an unofficial Custom ROM, so few features also don’t function on the ROM such as Camera and any other features if you report.
Now question arises, How to install the Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 3? It’s a very simple process and you can materialize the task by following the below given steps. But before that definitely fill the pre-requirements. Since this is an unofficial Custom ROM, so your device might get bugged or brick during the update for the which act We at TechGipsy will not remain responsible. So only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
- Most importantly root your Xiaomi Mi 3 and install the latest TWRP Recovery on your handset.
- First of all make sure that you use this update only for the Xiaomi Mi 3 Smartphone & not for any other device. Else your device might get corrupted or bricked.
- Make sure that your device is running the latest updated stock Android OS and doesn’t run any other Custom ROM. Else the update will not be successful.
- Make sure to pre-install the latest Android SDK packages and sub-drivers on your PC as the drivers will help you connect your Android device to your PC. If your Smartphone is not detected by your PC even then, you have to download & install the USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable the USB Debugging option on your Xiaomi Mi 3.
- Disable any antivirus program that you are running on your Smartphone & PC. You can reactivate the antivirus programs once the update is finished.
- Above all keep at least 60% battery power back up on your PC so that your Nexus device will not shut down while the update is on process. Else, there are chances that your device will brick.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow XPerience Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) file for your Xiaomi Mi 3.
- Then connect your Xiaomi Mi 3 to your PC via USB & then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD card in step II .
- Now start the Installation wait still it is flashed on your Xiaomi Mi 3 handset. Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
Congratulations. Finally you have wrapped things up. The installation process is finished now. Following the steps you will easily flash the new Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM on your Xiaomi Mi 3 Smartphone. In case any issues are confronted during update, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.